On the agenda for the 2013 season is:
- a new ballet Black and Fuscia
- choreographed to Venezulan composer Alberto Ginastera’s “Toccata” from his Concerto for Piano and Orchestra #1.
- The work is planned for five dancers including Stephanie Kim and a new dancer, from Spain, Guzman.
- Costume Designer Anda Bernovska will be designing the costumes in 1950’s Spanish style
- The Golden Slave will be screened in our local venue and hopefully with Dance Camera West (pending)
- A revival of the light-hearted Dancing for Degas, inspired by his paintings of dancers, will be reset on three ballerinas, a ballet master and the character of Degas himself.
Costume designer Anda Bernovska has been collaborating with Castagna since 2009. Her creations include the contemporary Dawn to Dusk, abstract Spaces Between, reinvented Rite of Spring Suite and now the upcoming Black and Fuscia. Check on Facebook for her new costume sketches.
Your support has been crucial to creating works
that can be viewed on the Internet developing Ballet Collective's national exposure. Your contributions support dancers fees, music commissions, quality video documentation, costume design and more.
Mark Mercury's music can be heard on http://www.markmercury.com.
"VIOLETTA and ALFREDO" is supported, in part, by the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors though the Los Angeles County Arts Commission.
Mimoda Studio Theatre and Yashas Michelson continue to generously support the Ballet Collective with in-kind donations.Photo at right by Barry Weiss.
The Ballet Collective is a 501(c)3 California non-profit corporation. All donations are tax-deductible. The
Ballet Collective, 907 N. Edgemont St., Los Angeles, CA 90029, 323.661.6440, www.balletcollective.org, firstname.lastname@example.org
(c) 2013 Ballet Collective